Half day Whale WatchProvided by Boat Club Whale Watch
The MV Amaroo Hervey Bay is a purpose built whale watching vessel painted with bright colours and patterns to attract the Humpback Whales.
With the experienced Captain Phil in the bridge you won’t have long to wait before seeing a flash or a splash, signaling the start of your awe-inspiring experience.
Watch the gentle giants of the sea spy-hop, tail slap and breach. Hold your breath while courting adults ‘boat’ around the vessel playing hide and seek.
Experience an up close and personal mugging as they move in to watch you, watching them. You won’t miss a minute of the action as they lurch from the waves before your eyes. A 40-tonne migrating humpback whale just metres away from you is breathtaking! And Boat Club Whale Watch is the best way to experience the whales.
- Half day Whale Watch Cruise
- Inclusive Submersible Whale Experience (conditions depending)
- Departure lounge located with the luxury Boat Club facility
- Purpose built whale watching vessel
- Fully licensed
- Morning/Afternoon tea onboard
- Courtesy bus from Hervey Bay Accommodation
- Get to the whales quickly on one of the fastest boats in the region
- Friendly and experienced crew
- Integrated AV system
- 3 purposely designed viewing decks
- Hydrophone and underwater camera equipped to hear the whales sing and watch them underwater
- Comfortable facilities
- Bright coloured vessel design attracts the whales
- Pram friendly
- Toilets onboard
Courtesy Bus pick-up
A courtesy bus is available to collect you from your Hervey Bay Accommodation and take you to the checkin at the Hervey Bay Boat Club
Check-in at The Hervey Bay Boat Club and enjoy a milkshake before boarding in the cafe.
Departure from the Urangan Marina just below the Hervey Bay Boat Club
Arrive at Platypus bay where the whale watching begins - don't forget your camera!
Morning tea is served on Board in-front of the beautiful Fraser Island.
- Light Snacks
Return to Hervey Bay
Arrival back at Urangan Marina where you can enjoy lunch at the Hervey Bay Boat Club (and catch the courtesy bus back to your accommodation later) or our courtesy bus will take you back to your accommodation.
- Family (2A + 2C)
- 1 Adult + 1 Child
- Hat, Swim wear, Towel
Departure DetailsDeparts: 8:30am -12:30pm / 1:30pm - 5:30pm Location / Meet point:
The Boat Club, Buccaneer Dr, Urangan
20 minutes prior to departure.