Whale Swim and WatchProvided by Hervey Bay Dive Centre
The Hervey Bay Dive Centre provides the region's only dedicated whale swim experience from the world's top whale encounter destination, Hervey Bay.
Numbers on the tour are strictly limited to provide a more personal experience and maximise your chance to swim with the whales.
The tour is guided by highly qualified PADI divers with specialist training in snorkeling.
Swimming with the humpbacks is a truly life-changing encounter, and Hervey Bay is undoubtedly one of the best locations in the world to swim with the whales. The reason being that the whale's stop-over near Hervey Bay and play and relax in the shelter waters of Platypus Bay.
The swim experience only takes place on the whale's terms, when conditions permit. However, the Dive Centre boasts one of the best swim success rates, getting in the water with the whales on most days between late July and late September. Even if the swim cannot take place the tour is still a highly exclusive whale watch encounter, being low in the water with limited passenger numbers.
- Swim with the whales (conditions dependant*)
- Truly up-close whale encounter
- Guaranteed whale sightings
- Morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea
- Snorkelling gear and wetsuits provided
- National park fees
- Low passenger numbers for more personal experience
- Only dedicated swim operator - this tour will focus on getting you in the water with the whales
- Departs from the best whale swim destination in the world
- Crewed by highly qualified PADI dive crew
- Vessel specially setup for snorkeling and diving - entering and exiting the water is as easy as possible via this vessel.
- Excellent viewing for whale watching.
- Fast and stable catamaran.
- Toilet on-board.
- Towel and swim wear
- Sunglasses, hat and sunscreen
- Camera, GoPro etc
- Warm jacket
Departure DetailsDeparts: 9:30am Location / Meet point:
Marina Office, Boat Club Marina, Urangan
Departs from the Marina Office located on the Boat Club marina. Access via ramp next to fuel station where ample parking can be found.
The swim experience is not suitable for children under 8yrs. This tour is not recommended for children under 4yrs. Children must be accompanied by a parent or guardian at all times.
Whale sightings are guaranteed between 1 August and 14 October. In the very unlikely event that the skipper cannot locate a whale during this period, you will be offered a full refund or free return ticket. Swimming with the whales cannot be guaranteed.